April 10, 2009

Almond Biscotti

Friday evening and here’s what I’m baking in my lil’ oven.

 

I use:

45g of butter (use real butter, not margarine)

2 large eggs

and 530gm of the right mix IMG_0353

Cream up the butter then add the egg, one at a time, then the mix.

Get messy with you hands and knead it till it sticks together and forms a dough ballIMG_0365

Make it like a baguette slightly apart from each other.IMG_0368

First bake: 180’c and about 20 minutes, then let it cool down about 15 minutes IMG_0372

Using a bread knife have them cut into…well appropriate biscotti sizes.IMG_0376

Second bake: at 140’c for another 12 minutes.IMG_0383

Tadaa ! all done in about an hour !IMG_0386

Okay I cheated, I used the easy biscotti mix !

2 comments:

Yin said...

mmmm...nice. your pix are getting better and better too.

i remember baking biscotti on lazy sunday afternoons with kent, wah, that was in my past life. now i just buy them off the shelf. the double baking is a bit of a pain. and slicing it after that, i always left it to kent to do :P

any left for me to try on monday???

Anonymous said...

thanks !

you can start baking new things now. some to reflect your present life.
try making pavlovas,
soft and sweet,

chaokar