April 22, 2009

Chao Fan

Let’s fry rice again and feel free to improvise.

This time I have some diced prawns, sliced lap cheong, diced carrots,  chopped choy sum, an egg, onion and garlic.IMG_0422

The on a hot work, I use corn oil generously, and saute the onion and garlic, add in the lap cheong, then the prawns. Fry for about 3-4 minutes, crack in an egg, then the vegetables.

 

I have this tip that I always season the rice with the seasonings first. So few dashes of soy sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Mix them well then pour into the wok. Stir here and there.

Serve and enjoy!IMG_0423 IMG_0428

YumYumYum

4 comments:

JN said...

you really got skill lo, the rice still biji-biji and not sticky, makes me hungry :(

HairyBerry said...

woah! no need to improvise, dude. this is already very good!

usually, we'll have chopped spring onion in it as well for the crunch and taste. oh, and we'll ta pau some siew yoke to go with it! ;D

Chaokar said...

justin: of course, then again fried rice isn't hard to make la.

Nic: hah, I'd love some spring onions too, always gives me the springy effect. Siew yoke, ummm

qwazymonkey said...

I swear I should stop peeking at your blog anymore. It's making me hungry at the mere sight of all your pictures and postings. And then, I had to read the comments...and there was Nic happily talking about Siew Yoke and Fried Rice. How lah to not be fat like that!