June 14, 2009

My Sunday Lunch

IMG_2418

Winter Melon Soup,

With a handful of anchovies, dried squids, dried oysters, half a garlic and some sesame oil, I had them boiled over 60mins to make the base of the soup.  An hour later, I sieve thru to get clear seafood stock and I add in cuts of chicken and the winter melon. Boil over gentle heat for the next 45 mins and they are ready, with a dash of salt and pepper.

I always prefer my soup to be clear, and sieving helps to keep the soup clear.IMG_2410

And I’ve got some fried rice. Will save some for tomorrow’s lunch at work, since I’ve make quite a lot.IMG_2411

Stir fry sambal French beans

Bought some nice French beans from the ‘pasar malam’ few days ago, and with a twist of my mum’s ‘sambal belachan’ in the fridge, i throw in some minced meat and ‘choy pow’ salted carrots. Fry everything in the hot oiled wok with generous amount of chopped garlic. Simple.

IMG_2420

So, that’s my Sunday lunch. What’s yours?

1 comment:

Sugar Bean said...

Wow, though so simple, they look so delicious! And the presentation of the food look so neat and nice! Looks healthy too! ^^