February 27, 2010

Garlic Chilly Prawn Spaghetti

I know I’ve been missing. But it’s always with the usual things, work and all. IMG_5118This is my late lunch after I got home from Saturday meetings. Yes, I’m workaholic.

The ingredients:

A handful of prawns, shell them and deveined it.

4 cloves of garlic, chopped

3 Chilly (of cili padi variety), diced

1 Onion, diced

A handful of  sweet basil leaves, chopped

A handful of brown Mushrooms, sliced

Spaghetti (of course)

 

The Process:

Suffice olive oil, in a medium-heat skillet (you don’t want to burn them) and fry the garlic and onions. Add in the chillies then the prawns. Once the prawns turn orangey, pour in enough (it means to your own preference) of white wine. Depending of the whites you have, you have to taste and adjust the acidity of the sauce.

Once reduced, add in the cooked spaghetti and give it a good swirl and add in the basil. I prefer my basil to be raw-ish.

Dish onto a plate.

Now the mushrooms, simply fry it on the same skillet with butter, pepper and salt.

IMG_5120

Same recipe goes well for clams & mussels.

Easy? So what did you had for a late Saturday lunch?

2 comments:

Rebecca Saw said...

Nx time lunch on Sat w me ok??
we had Thai as planned (for last sat) then went Kepong for the melt-in the- mouth ABC followed by alcoholic gelato (posted on that one).
but yr lunch look good too, i love chilli oil-based pasta!

Mrs Multitasker said...

This is great =) Thanks for the pasta idea. My husband and I are always looking out for ways for us to use up his excess wine...