October 26, 2009

Seafood Porridge

I’ve got this cook book entitled ‘bowl food’. One of my all time favourites, it features meals in a bowl. Comforting and one go kind of meals. And nothing is more comforting to me, than a bowl of porridge during those rainy days.

So, a quick boil of the stock using, 2 cloves of garlic, dried cuttle fish and a thumb-cut size of ginger. Once the stock is ready, add in 2 cups of rice. I use Thai-fragrant rice, with their higher starch content and the fragrance  it’s perfect for porridge. IMG_4129

Add in dash of sesame oil, salt, pepper and fish sauce to taste. Once you get the right porridge consistency, add in fresh prawns and pomfret.

IMG_4138

2 comments:

jason said...

Nice nice... semacam poskad liddat :)

Anonymous said...

Why you always make me hungry with your photos and not real food? ...Jin